Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sex and the City 2: Sexy In The City?


Carrie Bradshaw's fashion choices haven't always been the best, but after the fabulous outfits from the first Sex movie, I was expecting big things for the sequel. The cost of the wardrobe was estimated at $10 million. I felt that the girls were either covering up their best physical features, or trying to be a little too edgy or fashion forward. The character whose outfits never disappointed was Charlotte. Her style epitomizes classic Old Hollywood glamour a la Grace Kelly. Her long gowns were gorgeous and her at-home style was straight out of a Ralph Lauren ad. Loved loved loved Kristen Davis!
I also think Cynthia Nixon was looking so much sexier this time around. Her clothes were much more colorful and figure flattering. She looked amazing. Kim Cattrall looks amazing for her age, but they overdid her accessories. The lady's body is off the hook people! Let it shine! I thought that Matthew Williamson sequin dress was absolutely hideous. Without the belt, it would have looked so much better. I also thought the red dress with the spiky shoulders was tacky, but the color looked great on her.
Now on to SJP. I would do terrible, unforgiveable things for that gal's physique! I don't understand why she was swaddled in loose robes for most of the movie. I did love her Halston Heritage dresses though. She did a great job promoting her fashion line. I thought it was great for her to wear a tux to Stanford's wedding, but her hat... What the heck WAS that? She loved like a rejected extra from Lord of the Rings! I loved her jewlery though. She wore a diamond shamrock necklace during the film. Patricia Field, the costume designer, created a similar necklace which is now available at Payless Shoes for only $12! Go make like Carrie and grab one!
The part of the movie that disturbed me the most was when they destroyed a Birkin bag. A Birkin bag! And, ladies and gentleman, not only is the Birkin line itself extremely exclusive, but this was an OSTRICH SKIN Birkin! I almost threw up when they broke the handle! This beautiful orange little piece of Heaven was laying dejected in an Abu Dhabi street market! It really was fashion roadkill, as Stanford Blach once famously said.
This traumatizing fashion moment aside, who did I think was the most dapper character in the sequel? Mr. Big, of course. He never fails to look sophisticated, whether it be in a tuxedo or a simple button up. I love that man. He's like a fine wine. He only gets better with age. Even though some of the costume choices were iffy, the movie was fantastic. I plan on seeing it at least once more. If you haven't seen it yet, go see Carrie and the girls on the big screen!



No comments:

Post a Comment