Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Discount Designer Drama


I have recently been on the hunt for discounted designer deliciousness. I'm addicted to eBay, fighting tooth and nail for True Religion jeans and Lacoste sweaters. I discovered the Ideeli website, which offers great bargains on beautiful clothes. The only catch is you need to move fast or you'll miss out. Many items sell out quickly.

A website I recently joined, but am not fond of, is guiltlessglamour.com. It's an auction website, and you receive five free bids when you join the site. However, the packages for bidding are pricey. The smallest package is 25 bids for $24.95. Another annoyance is that when you bid, the time snaps back and allows more time for other bidders to attack. To me, this seems like a scam to use up your money as fast as possible.

Although I love the thrill of the chase, I'm starting to think I should just start buying retail and save myself the stress of bidding and bidding again. Then again, my beautiful white $7 vintage Lacoste sweater was totally worth the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment